Choosing the correct pump is critical to ensuring the safe and efficient production of biological products. The following reasons illustrate why Quattroflow® Four-Piston Diaphragm Pumps meet the key requirements of biopharmaceutical processing:
- Scalability: The full range of Quattroflow pump models covers flow rates from 0.016 to 16,000 L/hr (0.004 to 4,226 gph) and meets flow-rate demands from process development up to large-scale manufacturing
- Sterility: Depending on the pump type, Quattroflow pumps can be sterilized with the following methods:
- Single Use: Sterilization with gamma-irradiation or by autoclave
- Multiple Use: Sterilization using steam (sterilize-in-place) or by autoclave
- Accuracy and Precision: Quattroflow bioprocessing pumps deliver consistent, low pulsing and precise flow rates to ensure the reproducibility of the manufacturing process
- Biocompatible Materials: Product-wetted plastic materials are compatible with most typical buffers, media and solvents and meet USP Cl. VI and BSE/TSE requirements
- Flow and Pressure Control: Due to their linear-flow characteristics, bioprocessing pumps from Quattroflow can be dialed into the proper pressure or flow setpoint. Versions with an integrated PID pump controller (Q-Control) and direct pressure and flow controller are also available.
- Gentle Product Treatment: Quattroflow pumps produce a gentle pumping action that minimizes shear with high efficiency and low slip that reduces friction-caused heat production
Overall, Quattroflow bioprocessing pumps should be the No. 1 choice for fluid transfer in the most critical and demanding bioprocessing production stages thanks to their reliability, accuracy and ease of use.