Botanical Oil Extraction Process
The LB082EC Botanical Extraction Compressor is the smallest model of LB Series Compressors and is capable of achieving a vapor-recovery flow rate necessary to facilitate the butane-recovery process. The LB082EC Botanical Extraction Compressor features double seals that have passed various leakage tests, as well as a pressurized oil-pump circuit on the heavy-duty crankcase – which is coated with a special epoxy that protects the interior – that forces oil onto the unit’s bearings, wrist pins and connecting rods. Other features of the Blackmer LB082EC Botanical Extraction Compressor include:
- Heavy-Duty Pistons – One-piece construction that is stronger and simpler than competitive multi-piece designs
- High-Efficiency Valves – Corrosion-resistant stainless-steel discs and springs that provide superior sealing
- High-Pressure Head and Cylinder O-Rings – Eliminate leakage and maintenance problems
- Self-Adjusting Piston-Rod Seals – Prevent crankcase oil contamination and cylinder blow-by
- Pressure-Assisted Piston Rings – Provide maximum efficiency with minimal friction wear
- Wear-Resistant Crosshead Assemblies – Designed for maximum lubrication and wear resistance
- 2-hp Motor – More energy efficient and less wasteful than the competitor model with a 3-hp motor
All of these features combine to make the LB082EC Botanical Extraction Compressor an ideal solution for continuous-duty botanical oil-extraction applications with 2-4 vapor-recovery cycles over an eight-hour period.
Since you are already using butane, considered by many to be the purest solvent in botanical-oil extraction, it only makes sense to trust the original extraction compressor, the Blackmer LB082EC, for your botanical-oil extraction activities.