The Wilden® Pro-Flo X™ Air Distribution System ADS for Air-Operated Double-Diaphragm (AODD) Pumps - Unheard of Operational Flexibility
The Pro-Flo X™ offers an innovative Air Distribution System (ADS) with incredible operational flexibility for Air-Operated Double-Diaphragm (AODD) pumps. This flexibility is accomplished by the patented Efficiency Management System (EMS™) that optimizes the Pro-Flo X for the actual operation parameters, regardless of application demands or pump size.
Derived from the Pro-Flo® family design, the Pro-Flo X and EMS™ technology are simple and easy to use. This is because the integrated control dial located at the top of the ADS allows users to control the flow rate that best suits the application. The results are higher performance, lower operational costs and performance flexibility that goes far beyond what was considered the industry standard.
By making previously restrictive rules for AODD pump use obsolete, the Pro-Flo X ADS will outpace, outmatch and outperform in the harshest of conditions.
The Pro-Flo X excels in a wide variety of industrial applications such as:
- Paint & Coatings
- Oil & Gas
- Water & Wastewater
- Liquid Terminals
- Food & Beverage
When repairing or maintaining Wilden Air Distribution Systems (ADS), always use only authentic Wilden Air Kits to maintain optimal performance and preserve Wilden factory warranties.
This new Air Kit contains a reduced number of parts, eliminating the air valve assembly and muffler plate. All Air Kits now include the air valve spool and are available only in the Air Kit. They will not be sold separately. All Air Kits are vacuum-sealed to maintain parts integrity and cleanliness. Each Air Kit can be applied to many different models to significantly reduce the number of kits required to cover Wilden’s products and simplify ordering. See the Repair Kits Page for more information.
How It Works
The heart of the patented Pro-Flo X is the air valve assembly that incorporates an unbalanced spool with the small end of the spool being pressurized continuously while the large end of the spool is alternately pressurized, then exhausted to move the spool. Here’s how it works:
- The air valve spool directs pressurized air to one chamber while exhausting the other.
- The air forces the main shaft/diaphragm assembly to move to one side – discharging liquid on that side and pulling liquid in on the other side.
- When the shaft reaches the end of the stroke, the inner piston actuates the pilot spool, which controls the air to the large end of the air valve spool.
- The repositioning of the air valve spool routes the air to the other air chamber.
- The air control spool allows air to flow freely into the air chamber for the majority of each pump stroke, but it significantly restricts the flow of air into the air chamber when activated by the inner piston near the end of each stroke.
Available from 13 mm (1/2”) to 25 mm (1”) , the Pro-Flo X also comes in a single-point exhaust configuration for submersible applications.
Links to videos featuring the Pro-Flo X:
The Pro-Flo X ADS is utilized on the following Wilden pumps:
Original™ Series Clamped Metal Pumps