The Wilden® Pro-Flo® Air Distribution System (ADS) for Air-Operated Double-Diaphragm (AODD) Pumps - Durability, Reliability and Cost Savings
Get excellent energy conservation and the maximum mean time between repair (MTBR) for your Air-Operated Double-Diaphragm (AODD) pump with the simple yet durable Wilden® Pro-Flo® Air Distribution System (ADS).
Ideal for industrial applications calling for a durable chemical pump or oil pump, the Pro-Flo utilizes advanced ADS technology to increase productivity, reduce energy consumption, reduce air consumption and reduce maintenance. Featuring a plastic center block and lube-free operation, the Pro-Flo gives you extreme flexibility and reliability.
The Pro-Flo excels in a wide variety of industrial applications, such as:
- Paint & Coatings
- Oil & Gas
- Water & Wastewater
- Liquid Terminals
When repairing or maintaining Wilden Air Distribution Systems (ADS), always use only authentic Wilden Air Kits to maintain optimal performance and preserve Wilden factory warranties.
This new Air Kit contains a reduced number of parts, eliminating the air valve assembly and muffler plate. All Air Kits now include the air valve spool and are available only in the Air Kit. They will not be sold separately. All Air Kits are vacuum-sealed to maintain parts integrity and cleanliness. Each Air Kit can be applied to many different models to significantly reduce the number of kits required to cover Wilden’s products and simplify ordering. See the Repair Kits Page for more information.
How It Works
The patented Pro-Flo ADS incorporates three moving parts: the unbalanced air valve spool, the pilot spool and the main shaft/diaphragm assembly for simplicity and high reliability. Here’s how it works:
- The air valve spool directs pressurized air to one air chamber while exhausting the other.
- The pressurized air chamber causes the main shaft/diaphragm assembly to move outward, discharging liquid on that side and pulling liquid in on the other side.
- When the shaft reaches the end of its stroke, the opposite inner piston actuates the pilot spool.
- The pilot spool location either pressurizes or exhausts the large end of the unbalanced air valve spool.
- When the large end is pressurized, the piston is forced up so that the air supply is routed through the air valve spool to the right side of the pump.
- When the large end is exhausted, the piston is forced down so that the air supply is routed through the air valve spool to the left side of the pump.
NOTE: This valve design includes an unbalanced spool with the smaller end of the spool pressurized continuously.
Available in six sizes: 6 mm (1/4”), 13 mm (1/2”), 25 mm (1”), 38 mm (1-1/2”), 51 mm (2”) and 76 mm (3").
The Pro-Flo ADS is utilized on the following Wilden pumps:
FIT Bolted Metal Pumps
Advanced Series Bolted Plastic Pumps
Original™ Series Clamped Metal Pumps
Original Series Clamped Plastic Pumps