Trade Shows 2017
Disposable Solutions for Biomanufacturing 2017, Conference/Exhibition, Munich, February 27-28, Booth 7
Interphex 2017, New York City, March 21-23, Booth 2253
BioProcess International European Summit 2017, Conference/Exhibition, Amsterdam, April 25-26, Booth 99
Drinktec 2017, Munich, September 11-15., Hall B3 Booth 218
QuattroTec Series Pumps Named Breakthrough Product of the Year
Quattroflow™ is excited to announce that its QuattroTec Series Quaternary Diaphragm Pumps have been recognized as a 2016 Breakthrough Product of the Year from Processing Magazine. This award acknowledges products, technologies and service solutions that made significant contributions in the process industry within the last year and are expected to have an impact for years to come. As a recipient of this award, QuattroTec will be featured in the December issue of Processing Magazine. For more, please visit http://www.psgdover.com/en/quattroflow/quattrotec.
QuattroTec — The choice for the food and beverage industry
The new QuattroTec Series has been developed for hygienic applications outside of the biopharmaceutical industry. The target application for QuattroTec pumps is the continuous dosing of high-value additives in the food and beverage and personal care industries (e.g. to add concentrates to a fluid stream for soft drinks) as well as for in-line dilution.
QF1200HT – Compact with high turn-down ratio
Available in single- and multiple-use variations, QF1200HT pumps feature a high turndown ratio and accuracy in controlling flow rates. Their versatile design with integrated controller provides a high performance plug-and-play solution for applications requiring precision flow control, quick batch changes and a small footprint.
QF20kSU – Single-Use pump for high flow rates
Developed to provide higher flow rates (up to 267 lpm) in single-use applications, QF20kSU pumps feature replaceable polypropylene wetted pump chambers that can be easily and quickly replaced as a complete unit between batches to eliminate sterilization, lower cross-product contamination risk and reduce downtime.
New Product Launches at INTERPHEX 2016
Wallace Wittkoff, Global Sales Director for Quattroflow, and Andreas Frerix, Quattroflow Production Manager, demonstrate the new products featured at INTERPHEX 2016. Among the new products at the show are the QF20kSU Single-Use Quaternary Diaphragm Pump, QuattroMix Mixing System and QF1200HT Compact Version Quaternary Diaphragm Pump.
Aseptic CPC connectors for Quattroflow single-use pumps
The use of aseptic CPC connectors enables simple and flexible aseptic integration of gamma irradiated Quattroflow single-use pump chambers in biopharmaceutical processes. Depending on the process requirements, this configuration allows users flexibly to aseptically connect the pump chambers with bags, tubes, and filters, which are also equipped with matching aseptic connectors.
Biopharmaceutical-Manufacturing Processes Without Risk Of Contamination
Particles from the peristaltic pump are visible as bright objects obstructing the pores of the membrane (top), while the filter membrane of the Quattroflow pump in the bottom image does not show particles, just open membrane pores.
Pharmaceutical and biotech applications require the highest level of operational purity, containment and cleanability. One growing manufacturing trend in these markets is the increased adoption of single-use pump technologies. Recognizing the benefits of single-use manufacturing, Quattroflow™ has equipped its quaternary (four-piston) diaphragm single-use pumps with a product-wetted plastic pump chamber that can be replaced as a complete unit. The simple disposal of the pump chamber saves time and money because it eliminates the need for expensive and time-consuming cleaning, sterilization and complex cleaning validation of the pump chamber.
The implementation of Quattroflow single-use pumps also creates a quicker production process, as well as one that delivers the required levels of product purity and sterility with no corresponding harm to the product and no chance for costly cross-batch or cross-product contamination. Single-use pumps reduce downtime between two batches and are quick and easy to change, as well. In the biotech and pharmaceutical development process, the Quattroflow single-use pumps allow manufacturers to meet the strict speed-to-market requirements that allow maximization of patent windows.
Quattroflow™ Releases New Particle Generation Flyer
Based on a third party test, Quattroflow™ has developed a flyer to compare Quattroflow Single-Use Quarternary and peristaltic pumps regarding particle generation. The new flyer also provides information about further operational limitations of peristaltic pumps used in biopharmaceutical production processes.
Quattroflow™ 1200CV – Compact Version with Integrated Controller
Quattroflow™ pumps are available in the sizes 150, 1200, 4400, 5050 and 20k (arranged in order of flow capacity). The smallest size, 150, comes with an integrated controller as standard. For all other sizes, a separate control box is available.
Previously, the pump size 1200 with controller was delivered in two separate units. One unit consisted of the stainless steel housing, pump chamber, ring drive and motor, and a second unit consisted of another housing with the controller. The new “All‐in‐One” technology of the compact version combines all the components into one unit. Customers who need a pump with low space requirement will benefit from this new product development. In addition, a wider flow range fulfills further application demands.
The QF1200CV is available with single phase 230V motor only.
Features and Benefits:
- “All‐in‐one” technology; integration of pump chamber, pump drive, motor, controller and pump housing into one unit
- More compact design
- Ideal for lab applications
- Wider flow range (10 ‐ 1200 l/h, 2.64 ‐ 317 gph) than the standard version
- Single phase 230 V motor
- Available as Multiple‐Use (pump chamber SS316L) and Single‐Use (machined polypropylene or injection molded polyethylene)
- CIP, SIP, autoclave for Multiple‐Use; Autoclave for Single‐Use (machined PP only)
Quattroflow 1200SU-M Series Single Use Quaternary Diaphragm Pumps Now Available With Injected Molded Plastic Pump Chambers
Quattroflow™ is pleased to announce that its 1200SU-M Series Single-Use Quaternary Diaphragm Pumps are now available with plastic pump chambers engineered with injected molded polyethylene (PE). Manufactured to be a more cost-effective alternative to standard solid plastic pump chambers, these injected molded PE pump chambers are assembled under controlled and clean conditions to accommodate a wide variety of pharmaceutical and biotech systems.
View the 1200SU-M Series Flyer
The injected molded pump chamber at a glance:
- About one-third lower in price than standard solid plastic pump chambers
- Assembled under controlled and clean conditions
- Available with ¾" TC, front connections
- Maximum pressure: 4 bar @ 20°C (58 psi @ 68°F)
- Maximum temperatures up to 122°F (50°C), not autoclavable
- Wide flow range from 1.6 to 317 gph (6 to 1200 lph)
- Chamber diameter: 119 mm (4.69 inch)
- Conforms to USP Class VI, FDA
- Gamma irradiation possible
- Product wetted materials:
- Body: Injection molded polyethylene
- Connections: Polypropylene
- Valves: EPDM
- Diaphragm: TPE
Quattroflow™ Single- and Multiple-Use Pumps on Display at INTERPHEX 2017
Quattroflow™ Releases QF20kSU Single-Use Quaternary Diaphragm Pump
Quattroflow™ Introduces QF1200HT Compact Version Quaternary Diaphragm Pump
Quattroflow™ to Introduce New Single- and Multi-Use Quaternary Diaphragm Pumps at INTERPHEX 2016
Quattroflow™ Single-Use Pumps Designed to Minimize Product Particle Contamination in Biopharmaceutical Applications
Quattroflow™ Introduces QF1200CV Compact Version Quaternary Diaphragm Pump
Quattroflow™ To Deliver A Pair Of Presentations On Single-Use Quaternary Diaphragm Pumps at INTERPHEX 2014
Quattroflow 1200SU-M Series Single-Use Quaternary Diaphragm Pumps with Injected Molded PE Pump Chambers
Quattroflow Single-Use Quaternary Diaphragm Pumps Help Optimize Radial Flow Chromatography In Biopharm Applications
Quattroflow Introduces 5050 Series Quaternary Diaphragm Pumps for Demanding Biotech Applications
Quattroflow to Feature Single-Use Biologic Pumps at INTERPHEX 2013
Quattroflow QF-150 Series Biotech Pumps Featured on Bio-Rad Chromatography Systems at BPI Expo
- "Optimizing Unit Operations In Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing" - White Paper, April 2017
- "How to Profit from a Single-Use Mixing System for Biopharmaceutical Production" - Case Study, April 2016
- "Mix And Match" - Case Study, February 2016
- "Next-Generation Bioprocessing for Meeting Healthcare Challenges: The Role Single-Use Handling Systems Can Play" - Article, BioProcess International, November 2015
- "A Satisfying Solution" - Case Study, June 2015
- "Biopharmaceutical-Manufacturing Processes Without Risk of Contamination" - Article, April 2015
- "Bombas de uso único assumem o papel principal" - Article, Pharmaceutical Technology, May 2014
- "CMO Provides Speed, Flexibility and Safety in Biopharma Manufacture" - Case Study, March 2014
- "Single-Use Pumps Taking Center Stage" - Article, Pharmaceutical Processing, October 2013
- "A Long-Lasting Leap of Faith" - Case Study, August 2013
- "A New Member of the Family" - Case Study, April 2013
- "Single-Use Pumps Take Center Stage"- White Paper, December 2012
- Technical Bulletin 2203: Launching of new types of elastomer for Quattroflow single-use product chambers